From the public car park next to Puch village hall, the path leads past the senior citizens’ home and playground to the Salzach. The pleasant gravel path next to the river and beneath the trees provides ample shade and refreshing temperatures on hot summer days.
- Allow the power of water to reenergize you. This route is also ideal for running as well as Nordic walking.
- Enjoy the unique view of the Salzburg mountains from the Urstein bridge near the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences.
Several refreshment options locally: see www.puch-salzburg.com
Rest stopsHotel Gasthof zum Kirchenwirt
Bakery shop Pföss
Bräustübl Kaltenhausen & Spezialitäten Manufaktur Hofbräu Kaltenhausen
Rif am Spitz, Gasthaus
- Important: Keep an eye open for bikers who are also riding the Tauernradweg next to the Salzach!
- This hiking path is indicated by yellow hiking signs as week as a simple red-white-red symbol in between.
Getting thereBy car from Vienna on the A1 autobahn or from Munich on the A9, shortly before reaching the Tennengau (Hallein) you will come to a big interchange where you will merge onto the A10 (Tauern Autobahn), continuing south. Puch/Urstein (Exit 11) is the northernmost autobahn exit in Tennengau. If you are driving in from the south on the A10 from Villach/Kärnten, also leave the Tauern Autobahn in Puch Urstein, taking Exit 11. From this exit. drive either south into Puch itself or north following signs for Salzburg City as far as St. Jakob am Thurn
ParkingPublic parking in the center of Puch (next to the village hall).
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentNo special equipment required!
- weather-appropriate clothing
- comfy shoes
- Drinking water and food if desired
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints