Hilchenbach view from the Ginsburg
Photo view of the historic old town "Alter Flecken" of Freudenberg
The open countryside gives you space to breathe deeply in Siegen-Wittgenstein. Encounter rare animals like the majestic bison and get close to the local wildlife. Relax near the fresh springs, the lazily meandering rivers, the two dams and the countless streams and ponds. Recharge your batteries from our natural sources.
Activities in Siegen-Wittgenstein
Attractions in Siegen-Wittgenstein
Eine der sehenswertesten Altstädte Südwestfalens und beliebtes Fotomotiv: Der „Alte Flecken" in ...
Treat yourself to very special nature adventure with the whole family at the Wissent-Wildnis (bison ...
Schloss Berleburg has an impressive fairytale ambience: Wonderful concerts, unique guided tours and ...
Was lieben Sie am Wandern am meisten? Die Nähe und Idylle der Natur, die aktive Entspannung, die unüberhörbare Stille, den Duft der ...
Anyone on the lookout in Siegerland and the Wittgenstein mountains will often come across true natural treasures and impressive panoramic views away from the homely villages and the towns with their ...
The Museum of Contemporary Art in Siegen is dedicated to influential postions in contemporary art, ...
Discover the region
Siegen-Wittgenstein Mining Region
What belongs to Siegen-Wittgenstein?
The municipalities of Bad Berleburg, Erndtebrück, Freudenberg, Burbach, Kreuztal, Hilchenbach, Netphen, Neunkirchen, Laasphe, Siegen and Wilnsdorf together form the district of Siegen-Wittgenstein. The district, located in North Rhine-Westphalia, is part of the Rothaargebirge mountains in the north and with its rather flat mountains is therefore ideal for relaxed outdoor activities.
Art, culture and history
Each of the eleven home communities also organises a cultural programme for you – whether with theatre, concerts, cinema, exhibitions or festivals, here you can experience art with all your senses. If the weather is not ideal for outdoor activities, you can still experience a lot here. Visit the Wilnsdorf Museum, where interested people of all ages can learn about the cultural history of the region, enjoy an evening at the Bad Laasphe Residenztheater or learn all about technology at the Freudenberg Technology Museum.
In Siegen-Wittgenstein, art and culture are not only to be discovered in closed rooms. You can also find them in the middle of the countryside, such as on the WaldSkulpturenWeg Wittgenstein-Sauerland.
If you're in the mood for a big city, you won't have far to go to Siegen with its art and pub scene, its shopping streets and its university. Siegen is not only the most southern city in the Siegerland region, but also the greenest city in Germany. So where better to enjoy nature than here?
Tradition with a capital T
Siegen-Wittgenstein is also the land of old customs. During your visit, explore the many traditions and stories and take part in the baking festivals, traditional markets and Christmas markets in the tranquil old towns.
Especially the common baking of bread has a long tradition in Siegen-Wittgenstein. In order to save wood, baking communities were formed here as early as the 16th century. Even today you should not miss to try a good potato bread - Riewekooche in dialect - or a delicious brown bread.
Enjoy the native, relaxed atmosphere of Siegen-Wittgenstein and come to rest in the wooded region.
Authentic Experiences and Guided Tours
- Frankfurt - Gießen - Siegen Main-Sieg Express (RE 99 Timetables KG 445 / 630)
- Aachen - Cologne - Au/Sieg - Siegen - Gießen Rhine-Sieg Express (RE 9, Timetables KB 445 / 460)
- Essen - Hagen - Siegen Ruhr-Sieg Express, Ruhr-Sieg Train (RE 16, RB 91, Timetable KB 440)
- Siegen - Kreuztal - Hilchenbach - Erndtebrück - Bad Berleburg Rothaar Train (RB 93, Timetable KB 443)
- Marburg - Bad Laasphe - Erndtebrück Obere Lahntal Train (RB 94, Timetable KG 623)
- Dillenburg - Siegen - Au (Sieg) Sieg-Dill Train (RB 95, Timetable KB 445) X Betzdorf - Herdorf - Neunkirchen - Burbach - Haiger - Dillenburg Hellertal Train (RB 96, Timetable KB 462)
- A 4 Cologne - Olpe, from Kreuz Olpe-Süd A 45 in the direction of Frankfurt, departures: Freudenberg, Siegen (2x), Wilnsdorf, Burbach
- A 4 Cologne - city motorway HTS (B 54) X A 45 (“Sauerland line”) Frankfurt (A 5 / A 45) in the direction of Dortmund, departures: Dillenburg, Burbach, Wilnsdorf, Siegen (2x), Freudenberg
- A 45 - Kreuz Olpe-Süd - A 4 - city motorway HTS (B 54) from Kreuz Olpe-Süd A 4, transition to city motorway (Hüttentalstraße, B 54)
Siegerland-Flughafen GmbH, Burbach, telephone +49 2736 414-0,, firstname.lastname@example.org
Destinations in Siegen-Wittgenstein